In 2019, Xiaomi officially launched Redmi 7A smartphone with a 5.45-inch display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 439 (12 nm) Chipset. The device comes with 2/3GB of RAM and 16/32GB internal storage. In-camera, there’s a 13-MP or 12-MP single rear camera and a 5-MP front camera.
Related: Samsung Galaxy S20 FE Update Tracker.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding Xiaomi Redmi 7A.
Xiaomi Redmi 7A Updates Tracker
- [January 8, 2021]: Xiaomi has started lining up the Android 10 based MIUI 12 update to the Redmi 7A users. The update bears the MIUI V22.214.171.124.QCMCNXM Firmware version and it’s currently limited only to the Chinese users. Talking about the changelog, it comes with new add-ons, optimizations, and fixes for known issues. For precise information, we have dropped the update changelog below.
[Control center]New: Swipe down from the upper left corner to open Notification shade and from the upper right corner to open Control centerFix: Some toggles disappeared from the Control center in the editing mode
[Dark mode]Optimization: Brightness and color improvements for wallpapers in Dark mode
[System]Fix: Home screen went black and started flashing after unlocking in some cases[Status bar, Notification shade]New: Status bar color gradient animation
- [December 22, 2020]: A couple of days back, Xiaomi has rolled out the November 2020 Security patch update to the Redmi 7A users. Now, the company has started seeding out the December 2020 Security patch update to the Redmi 7A users. The update bears the V126.96.36.199.QCMRUXM Firmware version and as of now, it is currently limited only to the Russian users. According to the changelog, apart from the latest Security patch, the company has not added any new features to the device. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to December 2020. Increased system security.
- [December 13, 2020]: Xiaomi has started seeding out the November 2020 Security patch update to the Redmi 7A users. The update is rolling out on the MIUI V188.8.131.52.QCMMIXM Firmware version and apart from the latest Security patch, the update doesn’t add any new features. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone. The changelog of this update is as follows.
Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to November 2020. Increased system security.
- [October 31, 2020]: A couple of days after the rollout of the September 2020 Security patch update, the Redmi 7A devices have started picking a new update with the October 2020 Security patch. Apart from the latest Security patch, the update doesn’t add any new features. The update is rolling out on the V184.108.40.206.QCMCNXM Firmware version and is currently limited to Chinese users only. However, it doesn’t take much time to hit all the other countries as the update is already live in China.
- [October 16, 2020]: Redmi 7A devices have finally started receiving the Security patch update for the month of September 2020. The update comes on the V220.127.116.11.QCMMIXM for Global models and the V18.104.22.168.QCMRUXM Firmware version update is rolling out in Russian markets. Apart from the latest Security patch, there’s nothing new in this update. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone.
- [June 30, 2020]: The May 2020 Security patch update has started hitting out the Redmi 7A devices with the Android 10 based MIUI 11 version. The update comes on the MIUI 22.214.171.124.QCMINXM Firmware version and weighs 1.6GB. It brings out the Android 10 goodness & features and many more. Interested users can check our dedicated article to know more details about this update.
- [January 2, 2020]: Redmi has started seeding out the December 2019 Security patch update for the Redmi 7A smartphones. The update is appearing on the V126.96.36.199.PCMINXM Firmware version and weighs around 1.5GB in size. As the update is rolling out with MIUI 12, it brings new UI & features, bug fixes for known/ reported issues. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
As the updates are rolling in a stagged manner, it usually takes a couple of days to reach all the units. Meanwhile, head to Settings>Software updates>Check for update to check the update status manually.