After crossing the Android 11 testing stage for ROG Phone 3, Asus has finally started releasing the latest stable operating system for the device. Following its home country, the Android 11 software is now extending for the device’s models in Russia.
The latest update for the Asus ROG Phone 3 is unfurling via firmware version 18.0410.2106.138 in Russia. Looking at the company’s update speed, the units in other regions will get similar treatment soon.
Regarding changes, the software brings all the Android 11 goodies along with ZenUI design. Further, Asus has issued a precise changelog of what new the smartphone is going to receive.
- Upgraded system to Android 11
- Some 3rd party apps are not yet compatible with Android 11
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 11. If you want to downgrade your device’s software version to Android 10 by the official software package, it will erase all data from your device’s internal storage.
- Introduced new ZenUI design
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Support one-time permissions improved scoped storage, and auto revoke app permission
- Support to keep Bluetooth connection when airplane mode is activated
- Adjusted notification tray to Android 11 design. Support notification conversations
- A classic style of power button menu supports device control and Google Pay in Android 11
- Updated Style、Auto switch in System color scheme, advanced options for back gesture settings, and SIM card settings. Removed previous ASUS One-hand mode.
- Added Notification history and Bubbles settings
- Integrated PowerMaster features in Mobile Manager into Battery Settings
- Added PowerMaster functions in battery settings, such as slow charging、select charging limit、custom battery modes、Hibernate apps settings, and so on.
- Adjusted the Quick Settings panel design. Support media control function. Added Nearby Share tiles (Need to add manually).
- Added lock task, screenshot, share options after long-pressing the app icon of the task in the recent apps screen.
- Adjusted Calculator design to the latest Android style.
- Added “Show blocked calls in call log” option in Call log Settings of ASUS Phone
- Adjusted the size of status bar icons to keep visual consistency
- Added setting alarm by date and group alarm features in Clock
- Support new editing page in Gallery app
- Adjusted to new screenshot and screen recorder folders to fulfill Android 11 requirement
- Updated the default selection logic of data category in Data Transfer
- Adjusted the pages in the Setup wizard
- Adjusted options and update mechanism in system update setting
The update is having a phase-wise rollout. Therefore, it may take some time to reach all the users. You can also give it a manual check via Settings > About > System Update.