A couple of months back, the Taiwan technical giant – Asus has officially revealed the brand new ROG Phone 3. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm+) Chipset coupled with 8/12/16 GB RAM and 128/256/512GB internal storage. In terms of camera, it sports a triple rear camera and a 24-MP single front-facing camera. Moreover, it hosts a 6.59-inch display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Asus ROG Phone 3.
Asus ROG Phone 3 Updates Tracker
- [January 31, 2020]: The Asus ROG Phone 3 users have started picking a new update with improvements and bug fixes. The update appears on the 17.0823.2012.131 Firmware version and is rolling out Globally. It comes with the Improved issue where no sound is heard during a phone call in headset mode and also fixes an issue where Netflix HD movies cannot be played. Apart from that, the company has not added any new features to the device.
- [December 24, 2020]: The Taiwan giant Asus has begun cultivating the December 2020 Security patch update for the ROG Phone 3 smartphones. The update bears the 17.0823.2012.122 Firmware version, and it is currently rolling out only to Russia, Europe, and Word wide users. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, new add-ons, improvements, and fixes for known/reported issues.
The update adds the Auto lock touch function to Game Genie. This feature Turns on lock touch mode when screen is idle for a certain duration. It also brings fixes for the occurrence where System UI does not respond after clearing long list of notifications, issue where Bypass Charging feature would occasionally not work, and audio crackling and static noise when recording the music with SMULE APP.
- [September 29, 2020]: Asus started rolling out the Security patch for the month of August 2020 to the ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS models. The update is bumping on the 17.0823.2008.78 Firmware version. As per the release note, the update adds the latest available Security patch, bug fixes for known/user-reported issues and a few improvements.The update brings fixes for the screen was set brighter when unlocking the device issue, refresh rate might not be changeable, SMS may not be sent when using a KDDI SIM card and many other issues. In terms of availability, the update is currently rolling out for global variants and Europe, Russia, Japanese markets.
- [September 1, 2020]: Asus ROG Phone 3 started receiving a new update with bug fixes for known issues, and a few optimizations and add-ons. The update brings fixes for SSD issues, total power consumption items, conflicts, etc. The update is seeding on 17.0823.2007.58 build number and is rolling out limitedly.
- [August 19, 2020]: Asus has pushed a new update for ROG Phone 3 on 17.0823.2007.47 build number. The update adds new features, fixes, and improvements. You can know more details about this update by clicking here.
As the update is spinning out in batches, it may take some time to reach all the units. Meanwhile, head to Settings>Software updates>Check for updates to check the status of the update manually. Also, make sure to switch to a WiFi network before updating to avoid carrier data charges.