We all know that the new software usually reaches the US-bound carrier-locked variants a little late than the international variants as well as unlocked units. Where the regular Galaxy Tab S6 users received the Android 11 update in March, the Verizon-based variants bagged it in May. Now, it’s time for another US carrier to push the new build. The Galaxy Tab S6 at Sprint is receiving an Android 11 update with One UI 3.1 skin on top.
The latest firmware for the Galaxy Tab A6 arrives on firmware version T867USQU4CUE1. Needless to say, it brings all the Android 11 goodies accompanied by Samsung’s customized skin, One UI 3.1 attributes. Moreover, the update arrives with the May 2021 Android security patch
Talking about changes, Android 11 brings numerous features including chat bubbles, one-time permissions, native screen recorder, smart device control, smart media controls, enhanced dark theme mode, and much more. This further is tossed with One UI 3.1 characteristics.
This is not just it, apart from these, the package carries various other new features like:
- Improved Bixby Routines with better lock screen widgets.
- Digital Wellbeing now comes with separate personal and work profiles.
- New customization options with animated call backgrounds.
- Improved Samsung Keyboard with added emoji and sticker suggestions, and a total of 370 input languages.
- Enhanced photography with autofocus and auto-exposure.
- Edited pictures can now be returned to their original versions at any time.
- My Files now has an option to delete cache files
- Users can now use the My Files app to select cloud drive files.
- Devices and media buttons are added to the notification panel.
- Wi-Fi direct can no longer be used to send files to other devices, but instead, this functionality is available through Nearby Share.
As usual, the OTA update will hit the Galaxy Tab S6 users at Sprint in a short span of time. Alternatively, you can track the new package via phone Settings -> Software update > Download and install.