OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro were launched last year with Android 10 based OxygenOS. Since then, the smartphone has been upgraded to Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 Beta updates. After crossing the testing phase, the company is releasing OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
The latest update is currently rolling out in India with firmware version 188.8.131.52.IN21DA for OnePlus 8 and 184.108.40.206.IN11DA for the Pro variant. The European Union will also receive the update soon with build version 220.127.116.11.IN21BA and 18.104.22.168.IN11BA respectively. For the North American region, the version will vary to 22.214.171.124.IN21AA and 126.96.36.199.IN11AA.
Talking about the changes, the package carries fixes for several apps across the system including Gallery, Phone, Messages. Additionally, it enhances the network performance and the wireless charging stability of smartphones. Moreover, the build updates the monthly security patch with the current safety maintenance, May 2021.
- Improved the wireless charging stability and user experience
- Improved the smoothness while sliding on the home screen
- Fixed the screenshot capturing failure from the accessibility menu
- Fixed the low probability issue that the low battery notification not working
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.05
- Fixed the occasional issue that newly captured photos were not saved as expected
- Fixed the abnormal UI display in Guest Mode
- Fixed the occasional issue of opening up the contact card failure
- Fixed the issue that the calling page is not displayed during a call
- Fixed the occasional failure to edit a message
- Improved network performance
The latest OxygenOSupdate is rolling out in batches in India. The build is hitting the units in a staged manner to a limited number of users today. It will steadily make way for all users after making sure there are no critical bugs.
To manually check for the update, the users need to navigate to their device’s Settings > Software Updates > Download and Install.