OnePlus is releasing a new update for the OnePlus 8 series, including the T-Mobile variant— OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T. The update for all the models is unfurling via different versions based on OxygenOS 12.1.
Make sure to visit: Download OnePlus Sports App Latest Version [old version archived]
For the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro, the latest software is bundled with version number ColorOS 12.1 C.21. Whereas, for the OnePlus 8T, it arrives on version ColorOS 12.1 C.26. Despite different build numbers, the changelog for the respective smartphones remains identical.
Concerning changes, the package brings a new design, making the experience simple. Check out the official changelog below. Moreover, it adds new features, including a portable cardholder, a floating window in the split-screen mode, new permission settings, and more. Also, it optimizes the overall system as mentioned dint he changelog below.
- New design
- The borderless design concept has evolved again, and the design language of real noise reduction makes the experience simple, easy and burden-free
- Convenient and efficient
- [New] Portable card holder, easy to organize and share photos of cards and receipts in the album
- [New] Open the floating window in the split-screen state, support three applications to display at the same time, and the floating window and split-screen applications can be switched to each other, making it more convenient to collaborate on the same screen
- [Optimization] Flashback window interaction, add support for clock application
- [Optimization] The free translation function, after the smart sidebar is enabled, adds support for selecting full-screen translation
- Seamless interconnection
- Application multi-open function, support to open up to three application windows on the computer at the same time, multi-task parallel processing is more efficient
- Security Privacy
- [New] Clipboard read permission settings, control the access permissions of third-party applications to clipping information, and protect information security
- Game experience
- [Added] HyperBoost full-link game frame stabilization technology
- GPA frame stabilization technology to find the best balance between performance and power consumption to achieve stable frame rate and lower power consumption in key scenes (supports some games)
The build is hitting the units in a staged manner to a limited number of users today. To manually check for the update, navigate to the device’s Settings > Software Updates.