OnePlus is actively sending new software updates to its smartphones, especially with OxygenOS bumps. After the OnePlus 6 lineup and the Nord 2, the youngest member of the OnePlus 8 family, the OnePlus 8T is getting a new OxygenOS update in different regions.
The OnePlus 8T is grabbing OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 in Europe via the firmware version 188.8.131.52.KB05BA. As announced by the company, a similar build will unfurl to North America as well on build number 184.108.40.206.KB05AA. Whereas, for the Indian variants, the OnePlus is will send 220.127.116.11.KB05DA build that will add OxygenOS 18.104.22.168.
Concerning changes, the package brings a couple of additions to the system and addresses the navigation bug. Moreover, the security patch will be upgraded to August 2021 alongside optimizing the camera app. Also, it adds a new Bitmoji AOD, that is co-designed with Snapchat. Furthermore, the Indian models will get the OnePlus Store to manage their accounts and get some exclusive benefits. Below is the official changelog issued by the company.
- Newly adapted OnePlus Buds Pro and brought new powerful features
- Newly added the screenshot feature for AOD
- Fixed the failed issue of Navigation gestures in some scenes
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.08
- Optimized the portrait mode effect of the front camera
- OnePlus Store (IN Only)
- An intuitive and convenient way to manage your OnePlus account, get easy-to-access support, discover exciting members-only benefits, and shop for OnePlus products. (Please note that it can be uninstalled)
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Bitmoji AOD, co-designed with Snapchat, which will liven up the ambient display with your personal Bitmoji avatar. Your avatar will update throughout the day based on your activity and things happening around you (Path: Settings – Customization – Clock on ambient display – Bitmoji)
As usual, the OTA update will have an incremental rollout, implying that it will reach certain users initially. A border rollout will follow after ensuing the seamless functioning of the new packages.