The Xiaomi-owned brand— Poco debuted the Poco F3 flagship in 2021 that includes Poco F3 and Poco F3 GT. The smartphone has a 6.67-inch display which is protected by a Corning Gorilla Glass 5. The Poco F3 runs Snapdragon 870 while the GT power Dimensity 1200 5G Chipset. In terms of camera, there’s a triple camera lens at the rear side and a single front-facing camera. The duo offers Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 for POCO pre-installed.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated frequently with the updates of the Poco F3 and F3 GT smartphones.
Poco F3 and F3 GT Updates Tracker
- [October 19, 2021]: The MIUI 12.5 enhanced edition is expanding to the European variants of Poco F3. The update arrives as firmware version V220.127.116.11.RKHEUXM weighing 466MB in size. Also, it bumps the security patch to August 2021.
- [September 14, 2021]: The Poco F3 is receiving a stable update globally that brings MIUI 12.5 Enhanced edition to the device. The update is bundled with the firmware version V18.104.22.168.RKHMIXM. The package brings some new features and various fixes as listed in the changelog below.
Swift performance. More life between the charges.
Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring a smooth experience on all models.
Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
New: New fingerprint options
Fix Memory usage issues when charging animation was displayed
Fix: Using Face unlock and Fingerprint unlock simultaneously led to crashes in some cases
Fix: Lock screen notifications disappeared after an ended call
Fix: Lock screen items weren’t displayed when super wallpapers and themes were combined
Status bar, Notification shade
Optimization: Third-party theme compatibility for the Notification shade
Optimization: Dark mode adjustments for notifications
Fix: Notifications weren’t displayed correctly when App lock was used
Fix: Cleaner animations weren’t displayed correctly
Fix: Notification shade couldn’t be opened in some cases
Fix: Issues with permissions after missed calls
Fix: Player controls weren’t always displayed in the Notification shade
Fix: Notifications weren’t always displayed correctly when “Raise to Wake” was used
Fix: Buttons weren’t always displayed correctly on the notifications when Dark mode was on
- [September 4, 2021]: Poco F3 is joining the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced version update party. The update is rolling out globally through the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RKHMIXM. You can read about the package in our dedicated article.
- [July 27, 2021]: It’s not been even a week since Xiaomi announced Poco F3 GT and the company is sending a new update. The new build for the device inculcates the July 2021 security patch. The firmware is unfurling in India via build number V126.96.36.199.RKJINXM. This is a minor update and does not bring any new addition. But internally, it increases the system security.
- [July 27, 2021]: Poco F3 NFC edition is finally joining the MIUI 12.5 update list. The update is having a stable rollout globally through the firmware version V188.8.131.52.RJGMIXM. Concerning new additions, MIUI 12.5 changes the entire experience of using your smartphone. Moreover, the security is now improved with July 2021 patch. Read more detailed and changelog of the package here.
Like all the other updates, it is also spinning out in a phased manner which means a set of random users will start experiencing the update now. After the successful verification, everyone will be getting it within a week. You can also check the update status manually by navigating to Settings > Software updates > Check for updates.