In Q2 of 2020, Realme has officially unveiled the Realme 5 Pro smartphone with a 6.3-inch display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 712 (10 nm) Chipset. There’s a 48-MP + 8-MP + 2-MP + 2-MP Quad rear camera and a 16-MP single front-facing camera in terms of camera. The device is available in 4/6/8GB of RAM and 64/128GB of internal storage.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Realme 5 Pro smartphone updates.
Realme 5 Pro Update Tracker
- [November 19, 2020]: The November 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting the Realme 5 Pro devices. The update is rolling out on the RMX1971EX_11.C.08 Firmware version and comes with the latest Security patch, new add-ons, and fixes for a couple of issues.
The new add-ons include a new icon for phone calls with Bluetooth earphone, Scrolling screenshot feature in horizontal mode, toggle for physical button screenshot in screenshot settings, and many more in Settings. The update brings fixes for the probabilistic screen flicker when entering the album, the probabilistic crash issue when browsing in the album, and the probabilistic freezing issue of Clone Phone.
- [July 26, 2020]: Realme has started seeding out the July 2020 Security patch update for the Realme 5 Pro users. The update is bumping on the RMX1971_11_C.06 or RMX1971EX_11_C.06 Firmware version (s). As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, bug fixes, and new features. Click here to check our dedicated article to know more details about this update.
- [June 14, 2020]: Realme 5 Pro starts getting the June 2020 Security patch update on the RMX1971EX_11.C.04 Firmware version. The update weighs 469 MB in size and packs with the June 2020 Security patch, new add-ons, modifications, and optimizations. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [March 24, 2020]: The March 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting the Realme 5 Pro smartphones. The update appears on the RMX1971EX_11_C.02 Firmware version and features the March 2020 Security patch and a couple of fixes. Reportedly, the company has not included any new features in this update. You can also check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [January 20, 2020]: Realme has started seeding out the January 2020 Security patch update for the Realme 5 Pro devices. The update bears the RMX1971EX_11_A.16 Firmware version and comes with the January 2020 Security patch and fixes for known/reported issues. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [December 31, 2019]: Realme 5 Pro smartphones have started picking the December 2020 Security patch update on the RMX1971EX_11_A.15 Firmware version. The update comes with the latest Security patch, new-addons, fixes, etc. More details about this update can be found in our dedicated article.
As the OTA updates are rolled out in a staged manner, it generally takes a couple of days to reach every unit. However, everyone will be experiencing the update within a week. Meanwhile, you can also check the update status manually by navigating to the Settings>Software updates and check for updates. Also, make sure to maintain a minimum of 60% if charging before updating to avoid interruptions.