In 2019, Realme 5 has landed officially by sporting a 6.5-inch display with a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels. Moreover, it is powered by an Octa-core processor based Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 Chipset. Paired with Adreno 610 GPU. The device is available in 3/4GB of RAM and 32/64/128GB of internal storage. In terms of camera, there’s a 12-MP + 8-MP + 2-MP + 2-MP quad rear camera and a 13-MP single front-facing camera.
Related: Xiaomi Mi A2 Update Tracker.
Note: This is an updates tracker and will be updated regularly with the Realme 5, 5i, and 5s smartphone updates.
Realme 5, 5i and 5s Updates Tracker
- [December 06, 2020]: The November 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting out the Realme 5, 5i, and 5s smartphones. The update bears the RMX1911EX_11.C.61 Firmware version and comes with the latest Security patch, new add-ons, and optimizations. The new add-ons include a toggle for displaying keyboard when entering app drawer, Sunset to Sunrise option of eye comfort, short-press the power button to turn off flashlight feature while screen-off, a toggle for physical button in screenshot setting page. It also optimizes the interactive mode for screenshot floating preview.
- [October 26, 2020]: The Realme 5 users have started experiencing the October 2020 Security patch update on the RMX1911EX_11_C.59 Firmware version. Apart from the latest Security patch and optimizations, the company has not added any new features. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the smartphone’s stability.
- July 31, 2020]: The July 2020 Security patch update for the Realme 5 smartphones is rolling on the RMX1911EX_11_C.53 Firmware version. According to the changelog, the update features the latest Security patch, new add-ons, optimizations, and fixes for known/reported issues. You can find more details about this update on our dedicated article.
- [June 29, 2020]: The BBK-owned Realme started pushing out a new update for the Realme 5 users. The update weighs 2.83GB in size and appears on the RMX1911EX_11.C.49 Firmware version. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch and fixes for many issues. More details of this update can be found by checking our article.
- [June 10, 2020]: Realme has started spinning out the Realme UI stable update for the Realme 5 smartphones. The update bears the RMX1911EX_11.C.47 Firmware version and comes with a couple of changelog. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [May 20, 2020]: The May 2020 Security patch update has finally started hitting the Realme 5 smartphones. The update appears on the RMX1911EX_11_A.29 Firmware version. Besides the May 2020 Security patch and bug fixes, the company has not added any new features to the device. Interested users can also check our dedicated article to know more details about this update.
- [April 1, 2020]: Another update has started rolling out for the Realme 5 devices with the March 2020 Security patch. The update is bumping on the RMX1911EX_11_A.27 Firmware version, and apart from the fixes and optimizations, there’s nothing new in this update. So, this update is only meant to increase the Security patch level of the smartphone. Click here to know more details about this update.
- [January 2, 2020]: After the successful rollout of the October Security patch, Realme has started seeding out the Security patch update for the month of December 2020 to the Realme 5 users. The update comes with the ColorOS 6.0.1 based RMX1911EX_11_A.23 Firmware version and weighs nearly 2.55GB in size. You can find more details about this update by checking our article.
- [November 12, 2019]: The October 2019 Security patch update has finally started rolling out for the Realme 5 smartphones. The update bears the RMX1911EX_11_A.18 build number and comes with a bunch of changelog. As per the release note, the update features the latest Security patch, new add-ons, improvements, optimizations, and fixes for known issues. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
In availability, as the update is rolling out in a phased manner, it usually takes a couple of days to reach all the units. However, you can also check the update status manually by navigating to Settings>Software updates and check for updates. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.