Realme 9 SE 5G is a part of the Realme 9 lineup launched in March 2022 with Android 11 out of the box. The device is now getting the stable Android 12 update based on Realme UI 3.0 skin iteration. FYI, the phone was under testing to get the latest mobile operating system for a month.
The latest software update for the Realme 9 SE 5G is currently rolling out in India with firmware version RMX3461_11_C.02. However, before updating, make sure that your phone runs on the required version RMX3461_11_A.11. The other markets will also pick up the build soon.
As always, the changelog for this release is feature-enriched and quite immense with all the new elements. Along with a new UI, the package carries a plethora of improvements, performance enhancements, and new features. In addition, you will get a more personalized, efficient, and smoother user experience.
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
As always, the OTA update is rolling out in batches and will reach out to every user in a short while. In the meantime, you can head over to Settings > Software update to track the package manually.