In March 2021, the BBK owned brand announced the Realme GT smartphone featuring a 6.43-inch Super AMOLED display. Under the hood, it is powered by an Octa-core processor-based Snapdragon 888 5G SoC. The smartphone ships with Android 11, Realme UI 2.0 out of the box paired with up to 12GB RAM and 256GB internal storage. Realme GT equips a triple-camera module at the rear with a 64MP primary sensor and a 16MP snapper for selfies.
Must see: Download Realme Store App
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Realme GT smartphone updates.
Realme GT Updates Tracker
- [February 08, 2023]: Realme GT 5G is now getting Realme UI 4.0based on Android 13, official roll-out has begun. New software update with firmware required version: RMX2202_11.C.25 | RMX2202_11.C.27.
- [September 23, 2022]: The Indian variants of the Realme GT 5G are picking up a new software update with firmware version RMX2202_11_C.21. The package resolves a couple of issues, including game lag and clock display. Besides, the device now supports a 5G network function for Jio. On top, it increases privacy by integrating the September 2022 security patch.
Integrates the September 2022 Android security patch to enhance system security.
5G network function supported for Jio.
Fixes a lag issue in some scenarios.
Fixes a clock display issue in some languages.
- [September 9, 2022]: The Realme GT 5G is picking up a new software update in China with September 2022 security patch. The build arrives on firmware version C.12 which also optimizes the game freezing issue. In addition, it takes care of the bug where the time sequence is wrong in some languages.
Optimized the game freeze problem in some scenarios
Fixed the problem that the time sequence is wrong in some languages
Update Android security patch (2022 #9)
- [August 3, 2022]: Realme GT 5G is picking up a new software update in India with firmware version RMX2202_11.C.20. The package increases the system privacy by integrating the August 2022 security patch. In addition, improves system stability and performance.
- Integrates the July 2022 Android security patch.
- Improves system stability and performance.
- [June 29, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the Realme GT smartphone with firmware version RMX2202_11_C.17. The build packs the June 2022 security patch and it improves the Wi-Fi connection stability. Also, it addresses some issues, including screen display, random unlock, camera overexposure, lagging music, and UB charging. Moreover, the system performance and stability are enhanced.
- Integrates the June 2022 Android security patches.
- Improves system performance and stability.
- Fixes a random device unlock issue.
- Fixes a screen display issue that might occur when you use fingerprint unlock.
- Fixes an overexposure issue.
- Improves the stability of Wi-Fi connections.
- Fixes a lagging issue with music playback on a Topway car display that is connected to your phone via Bluetooth.
- Fixes a USB charging issue.
- [March 10, 2022]: A similar package (as of March 2nd) is rolling out for the Realme GT models in China via firmware version RMX2202_11_C.14.
- [March 2, 2022]: Realme GT is getting a new update in China and globally via build numbers RMX2202_11_C.13 and RMX2202_11_C.12 respectively. It packs the January & February 2022 Security Patch along with a bunch of fixes as mentioned in the changelog below.
- Integrates the January and February 2022 Android security patches.
- A new function that allows you to customize your unique virtual image.
- Improves system stability and performance.
- Fixes an issue where some screenshots didn’t appear in Photos.
- Fixes a connection issue with phone calls.
- Fixes a display issue that might occur when you switch between landscape and portrait modes.
- Fixes an issue where the floating window could not be moved in some scenarios.
- Fixes an issue where an error might occur when you switch between apps via navigation gestures.
- Added a variety of Omoji decorations and face shapes, more personalized gameplay
- Fixed the problem that the window could not be moved with low probability in small window mode
- Fix the problem that the daily data limit reminder cannot be turned off
- Fix the problem that the low probability of entering the negative screen cannot be drawn
- Added realme mall
- Fix the problem that the mobile phone screenshots cannot be found in the album with a low probability
- Fixed the issue that the call could not be connected normally with low probability in some scenarios
- Fixed the abnormal display problem of the horizontal and vertical screen switching interface in some scenes
- Fixed the problem that the game assistant 4D vibration function does not take effect
- Update Android security patch (2022 #2)
- [December 27, 2021]: The Realme GT users in India are receiving a new update that carries the build number RMX2202_11_A.17. The software adds the December 2021 security patch and improves system performance and stability.
Integrates the November and December 2021 Android security patches.
Improves system performance and stability.
- [September 30, 2021]: Realme has started pushing a new update for the Realme GT in China. The new update comes with the build number RMX2202_11_A.14 and will be live for global users soon. The update brings support for 120 frames in Glory of Kings. Head to Settings to check if the update has reached your unit.
- [September 16, 2021]: The first update for the Realme GT in India adds the PC Connect feature, the August 2021 patch. Moreover, it resolves issues with the camera, battery, sensor. The package is bundled with the firmware version RMX2202_11_A.14. Here’s the detailed changelog.
Integrates the August 2021 Android security patch.
Connection and sharing
Adds the PC Connect feature.
Reduces power consumption when the phone is idle at night.
Reduces power consumption when taking photos in Portrait mode.
Fixes a heating issue that might occur when your phone is connected to a network.
Fixes an issue where the Raise to Wake feature might occasionally fail to work.
Fixes an issue where video recording at 60 fps might stutter when you open the rear camera from the Lock screen.
- [March 26, 2021]: Realme is pushing the very first software update for the Realme GT. The build brings various bug fixes in China. It can be identified by a firmware version number RMX2202_11_A.13. The package brings the function of automatically increasing the sampling rate of the screen touch in-game scenes to 360Hz. Also, it optimizes the sensitivity of the return gesture and carries several glitch fixes. Visit our dedicated article to read the changelog.
Related: Poco F3 and F3 GT Updates Tracker
The update is rolling out in a phase-wise manner. Thus, the users may have to wait a while to get the build. You can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings > Software updates > Check for the updates. Also, we suggest you switch over to a WiFi network to avoid carrier data charges.