While Xiaomi is busy deploying the Android 12 update, the company is taking care of its older flagships as well. This time, the Redmi 9A is receiving an Android 11 update tossed with MIUI 12.5 Enhanced on top. The smartphone made an appearance in June 2020 with Android 10 OS paired with MIUI 12.
Make sure to visit: Specs Comparison: Honor Magic V vs Galaxy Z Fold 3
The latest update for Redmi 9A is bundled with the firmware version V22.214.171.124.RCDMIXM. The build is rolling out globally weighing approximately 1.9 GB to download. It will unfurl to more regions in the upcoming weeks.
Coming forth to changes, after flashing the update, you will get all the Android 11 goodies. This includes UI customizations, chat bubbles, native screen recorder, enhanced dark theme, one-time permissions, camera optimizations, and much more. In addition, MIUI 12.5 enhanced edition adds some features that are essential for the seamless and fluid performance of the device. Further, you can check out the official changelog below:
MIUI 12.5 Enhanced
- Swift performance. More life between the charges.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Smart balance: Core system improvements allow your device to make the best of the flagship hardware specs.
- Stable MIUI based on Android 11
- Updated Android Security Patch to January 2022. Increased system security.
The users will receive the OTA build within a week as the update is rolling out in phases. Alternatively, you can also navigate the update via Settings -> About Phone > Software updates > Download and install.