While MIUI 13 is in full swing, Xiaomi is still not done with the deployment of the MIUI 12.5 Enhanced version. The Redmi Note 8T is now receiving the Android 11 based edition of the customized skin. The smartphone was launched in November 2019 with Android 9.0 (Pie) out of the box.
Make sure to visit: How to root Redmi Note 8 / Pro using TWRP
The latest MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition update for the Redmi Note 8T is rolling out in Europe, while other regions will follow soon. The package is bundled with the firmware version V126.96.36.199.RCXEUXM weighs about 2.6 GB to download.
Talking about changes, the skin does not inculcate any major additions. Although it does bring some features that are essential for a seamless performance. Fundamentally, the package emphasizes providing a fluid experience to elevate the performance of your device. You can refer to the official changelog below issued by the company:
(MIUI 12.5 Enhanced)
- Swift performance. More life between the charges.
- Focused algorithms: Our new algorithms will dynamically allocate system resources based on specific scenes, ensuring a smooth experience on all models.
- Atomized memory: Ultra-fine memory management mechanism will make RAM usage more efficient.
- Liquid storage: New sensitive storage mechanisms will keep your system vibrant and responsive as time goes by.
- Smart balance: Core system improvements allow your device to make the best of the flagship hardware specs
As always, the OTA update is rolling out in stages. Therefore, it will take a while to reach all units. In the meantime, you can always track the update manually via Settings > About phone > Check for new updates.