Realme is swiftly deploying the latest Android 12 update to its eligible flagships. The next in line to get the Realme UI 3.0 based operating system is Realme GT Neo2. The smartphone was launched last year in September with Android 11 pre-installed.
Must see: Realme Service Centers in New Delhi
The fresh software update for the Realme GT Neo2 is rolling out in the Indian markets bundled with the firmware version RMX3370_11_C.04. Before updating, make sure that make sure your device is currently operating o the required version RMX3370_11_A.08.
Considering modifications, Realme has published a rich and impressive changelog that mentions a bundle of new features, improvements, and optimizations. After updating, your Realme GT Neo2 will be more secure and run smoother than ever.
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, delivers a simple, clean and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Revamps the page layout based on the principle of reducing visual noise and spacing out elements, and prioritizes information with different colors to
- make key information stand out.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike and optimizes
- more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- More creative Always-On Display: Adds realmeow and Portrait silhouette to let you freely express yourself.
- Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized.
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Security and privacy
- Privacy-related functions including Privacy protection, Passwords, and Emergency call can now all be found in Phone Manager.
- Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode, and NFC.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phones, Mail, and Calendar.
The OTA update is rolling out in batches, making it take a while to reach all units. You can visit Settings > Software update to navigate the build manually.