Samsung has already released the Android 12 update to the Galaxy Note 10 series in several regions. After a couple of weeks, the One UI 4.0 based package is now reaching out to the Verizon models of Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+, and Galaxy Note 10+ 5G.
[Update: January 28, 2022]: The Android 12-based One UI 4.0 update is extending to the USA and Canada. The package comes with firmware version N97xUSQU7GULD for the carrier-locked versions in the US. Whereas, the unlocked units of the smartphones will be bumped with firmware version N97xU1UEU7GULD. Talking about the Canadian models, the software arrives on firmware version N97xWVLU7GULD. To mention, the package also inculcates the January 2022 security patch.
The original story follows below…
As mentioned, the software is live in the US for the Verizon Galaxy Note 10 series. It arrives on firmware version N970USQU7GULD for the Galaxy Note 10. Whereas, Note 10+ and Note 10+ 5G are upgrading with N975USQU7GULD and N976VVRU7GULD respectively.
Android 12 arrives with a major change that you haven’t seen in years. Ranging from UI to privacy, everything is taken care of. In addition, Verizon has issued quite an impressive changelog that you can read below.
When you select from featured and downloaded wallpapers, you can select different device color themes based on your wallpaper colors. From Settings, go to Wallpaper > Color theme > select your favorite color theme > Done.
- Emoji CreatorCreate your emojis by combining two different emojis and customizing the animations for the pair. To create an emoji in the Messages app, tap the smiley face on the keyboard > Tap Try it out.
- Grammar CorrectionSamsung Keyboard now supports built-in grammar correction (powered by Grammarly). Enable this in Samsung Keyboard settings > Suggest text corrections > English (US).
- Enhanced PrivacyTake control of your privacy with the new Privacy Dashboard, Permission Controls, and Camera/Microphone Indicator.
- Privacy DashboardPrivacy Dashboard lets you easily view which apps are accessing your permissions. Then you can use the permission manager to enable/disable apps from accessing these.
- Camera/Microphone IndicatorWhenever your phone is recording audio/video, a green icon will appear in the top right informing you if your camera or microphone is being used. This helps to ensure you’re only recording when you want to.
- CameraThe camera app now has a simpler, improved layout for the Main and Pro modes.
- Advanced Quick TakeWhen using the Camera, you can hold the Shutter button to record video (Quick Take). Now you can lock the Quick Take for hands-free recording.
- Video CollagesIn Samsung Gallery, you can now mix both photos and videos using Video Collages. From Gallery > Select the More icon (3 dots) > Create > Collage.
- Driving MonitorDigital Wellbeing has a new Driving Monitor so you can track your phone usage while driving. You can limit your app usage while driving and make sure you’re driving safely.
- WidgetsHome screen widgets are redesigned for better visibility and ease of use. The new widget list gives you more information at a glance and lets you personalize and decorate your home screen. You will also see recommended widgets to help your daily routine.
- Weather widget: A dynamic weather widget that changes background color based on the weather or time.
- Lock screen widgets: Have been improved for more flexible usage.
- Calendar widget: Added monthly view for “Today’s schedule” in widget settings.