A couple of months back, the Taiwan technical giant – Asus has officially revealed the brand new ROG Phone 3. The device is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 865+ (7 nm+) Chipset coupled with 8/12/16 GB RAM and 128/256/512GB internal storage. In terms of camera, it sports a triple rear camera and a 24-MP single front-facing camera. Moreover, it hosts a 6.59-inch display with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Asus ROG Phone 3.
Asus ROG Phone 3 Updates Tracker
- [August 30, 2022]: A new update is rolling out for the Asus ROG Phone 3 with the firmware version 31.0210.0210.243. The package integrates the July 2022 security patch to increase system privacy. Also, it improves the system stability as well.
- Google security patch update (July 1, 2022)
- Improves system stability
- [August 3, 2022]: Asus ROG Phone 3 is picking up a new update on the firmware version 31.0210.0210.236. The build addresses an issue where the app could not be uninstalled when using twin apps.
- Fixed an issue where the app could not be uninstalled when using twin apps.
- [June 29, 2022]: Asus is releasing the Android 12 update to the ROG Phone 3 with firmware version 31.0210.0210.230. Needless to say, the package carries a bundle of changes and new features that you can read here.
- [March 28, 2022]: The ROG Phone 3 is getting the March 2022 security patch update on the firmware version 18.0410.2203.201. In addition, it resolves the clicking noise issue while recording audio or video.
- Updated Android security patch to 2022-03
- Fixed issue with clicking noise in recorded video or audio
- [Febryary 17, 2022]: Asus is releasing a new update to the ROG Phone 3 worldwide on the firmware version 18.0410.2201.196. It adds a screenshot watermark on/off toggle button.
- Add screenshot watermark on/off toggle
- [January 28, 2022]: The ROG Phone 3 is getting updated with the build number18.0410.2201.192. The update packs the January 2022 security patch and it brings a fix as mentioned below.
– Updated Android security patch to 2022-01
– Fixed issue where Themes cannot be downloaded after purchase
- [January 6, 2021]: Asus is releasing a new software update to the ROG Phone 3. The build is live globally through the 18.0410.2111.185 firmware version. It is not major, it does optimize the system performance.
Optimized system performance
- [December 8, 2021]: The ROG Phone 3 is again being bumped with another security maintenance, November 2021. The update arrives on 18.0410.2111.182 version number. Additionally, it brings a fix for screen recording issue when playing the “Blue Archive” game.
Updated the Android Security Patch to November 2021
Fixed the issue with screen recording when playing the “Blue Archive” game
- [October 4, 2021]: The ROG Phone 3 is receiving a new update worldwide on the firmware version 18.0410.2109.172. The build adds the September 2021 security patch and resolved a few bugs as listed below.
ο Updated Android security patch to 2021-09.
ο Fixed screen flickering issue under certain conditions.
ο Fixed issue with device detection when using “Easy Wallet” and a specific reader.
ο Fixed occasional issues with Google Maps navigation and inaccurate position.
- [August 24, 2021]: Asus has started rolling out an August 2021 security update that fixes bugs, adds new features. The latest update for Asus Rog Phone 3 arrives on build number 18.0410.2108.158. Tap here to know the detailed changelog.
- [August 18, 2021]: Asus has finally started pushing the new Android 11 update for Rog Phone 3. The update is arriving with the build number 18.0410.2106.138 and is currently rolling out for the Japan variant. It comes with a ton of new features and redesigned UI based on the latest ZenUI. Visit our dedicated article for precise information.
- [July 27, 2021]: Asus has finally started releasing the latest stable operating system for ROG Phone 3. Android 11 is rolling out to the device’s models in Russia via firmware version 18.0410.2106.138. Know the list of changes by tapping here.
- [July 21, 2021]: Asus ROG Phone 3 is finally receiving an Android 11 update in Taiwan. The update can be identified by firmware version WW-18.0410.2105.133 weighs approximately 2.7GB in size. The company issued a detailed changelog which you can read here.
- [May 24, 2021]: Asus ROG Phone 3 is driving in some improvements in the system and some known big fixes accompanied by April 2021 Android security patch. The update bumps the firmware version to 17.0823.2104.147. Along with the security patch, the update brings a fix for the issue where Launcher keeps on crashing occasionally. Click here to read the official changelog.
- [March 25, 2021]: ROG Phone 3 is driving in various improvements in the system and some known big fixes accompanied by Feb 2021 Android security patch.The build bumps the firmware version to 17.0823.2102.143 that carries the new security policies and enhancement in the system stability. Here’s the entire changelog by the smartphone brand.
- [January 31, 2020]: The Asus ROG Phone 3 users have started picking a new update with improvements and bug fixes. The update appears on the 17.0823.2012.131 Firmware version and is rolling out Globally. It comes with the Improved issue where no sound is heard during a phone call in headset mode and also fixes an issue where Netflix HD movies cannot be played. Apart from that, the company has not added any new features to the device.
- [December 24, 2020]: The Taiwan giant Asus has begun cultivating the December 2020 security patch update for the ROG Phone 3 smartphones. The update bears the 17.0823.2012.122 Firmware version, and it is currently rolling out only to Russia, Europe, and Word wide users. As per the changelog, the update adds the latest Security patch, new add-ons, improvements, and fixes for known/reported issues.
The update adds the Auto-lock touch function to Game Genie. This feature Turns on lock touch mode when the screen is idle for a certain duration. It also brings fixes for the occurrence where System UI does not respond after clearing a long list of notifications, issues where Bypass Charging feature would occasionally not work, and audio crackling and static noise when recording the music with SMULE APP.
- [September 29, 2020]: Asus started rolling out the security patch for August 2020 to the ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS models. The update is bumping on the 17.0823.2008.78 Firmware version. As per the release note, the update adds the latest available Security patch, bug fixes for known/user-reported issues, and a few improvements. The update brings fixes for the screen was set brighter when unlocking the device issue, refresh rate might not be changeable, SMS may not be sent when using a KDDI SIM card, and many other issues. In terms of availability, the update is currently rolling out for global variants and Europe, Russia, Japanese markets.
- [September 1, 2020]: Asus ROG Phone 3 started receiving a new update with bug fixes for known issues, and a few optimizations and add-ons. The update brings fixes for SSD issues, total power consumption items, conflicts, etc. The update is seeding on 17.0823.2007.58 build number and is rolling out limitedly.
- [August 19, 2020]: Asus has pushed a new update for ROG Phone 3 on 17.0823.2007.47 build number. The update adds new features, fixes, and improvements. You can know more details about this update by clicking here.
Related: Asus ZenFone 9 Updates Tracker
As the update is spinning out in batches, it may take some time to reach all the units. Meanwhile, head to Settings>Software updates>Check for updates to check the status of the update manually. Also, make sure to switch to a WiFi network before updating to avoid carrier data charges.