Asus is constantly working to keep its last year launched ROG Phone 3 up-to-date. Yesterday, the company started the first Android 11 Beta update program for the smartphone. And the very next day, the ROG Phone 3 is driving in various improvements in the system and some known big fixes accompanied by a month-old, Feb 2021 Android security patch level.
The build bumps the firmware version to 17.0823.2102.143 for ROG Phone 3 ZS661KS that carries the new security policies and enhancement in the system stability. Moreover, it resolves some glitches with respect to the camera, and data sync. Here’s the entire changelog by the smartphone brand.
- Enabled VoLTE on Tele2 (Russia).
- Updated the workspace of launcher for Russia
- Updated to February 2021 Android security patch
- Improved call quality
- Fixed the issue where “Restrict background sync” on Armoury Crate causes malfunction of “Automatically sync data”
- Fixed issue where camera zoom feature did not work properly
- Improved system stability
- Updated APN list
The OTA build is pushed out in phases, so it may take a while to reach out to every unit. You can either wait or navigate the update via Settings -> System -> System updates and check if the new firmware is available for your device.
Asus ROG Phone 3
The smartphone holds a 6.59-inch AMOLED display powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 865+ Chipset. It is available in three storage variants i.e; 128GB/8GB RAM, 256GB/12GB RAM, and 512GB/16GB RAM. There’s a triple rear camera module consisting of a 64MP primary, 13MP ultrawide, and a 5MP macro lens. At the front, the device has a single 24MP shooter.