Asus launched the ZenFone 8 series in May 2021 that includes— ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip. The duo equips an octa-core processor based on Snapdragon 888 5G and Adreno 660 GPU. Android 11 runs the devices out of the box along with ZenUI 8. Both smartphones carry a 64 MP primary sensor on the rear side.
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated constantly with ZenFone 8 series smartphone updates
ZenFone 8 series Updates Tracker
- [December 17, 2021]: The ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip are getting another update globally including Japan, Russia, and Europe. The build bears the version numbers 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 respectively. It optimizes the performance settings and improves system stability.
- [December 1, 2021]: The latest build by Asus is extending to the Russian region on the firmware version 126.96.36.199. It optimizes the system stability for a refined user experience for the owners of ZenFone 8 Flip.Changelog
Optimized system stability
- [November 30, 2021]: A similar build is unfurling to the ZenFone 8 Flip in Japan. The update improves the system stability via build number 188.8.131.52.Changelog (translated)ο Improve System Stability
- [November 26, 2021]: The Japan model of ZenFone 8 is receiving a new update on the firmware version 184.108.40.206. The build is not major but it improves the system stability, ensuring a seamless performance.
ο Improve System Stability
- [November 12, 2021]: Asus is releasing another update for the ZenFone 8 Flip via the version number JP_220.127.116.11. The update is not a major one, but it improves the system’s stability for a seamless user experience. Also, it is presently rolling out in Japan while other regions could also get a hit soon.
- [October 22, 2021]: After a couple of days, a similar package is rolling out to the partner device, ZenFone 8 Flip on the firmware version JP_18.104.22.168. It adds current security maintenance, improves camera quality ad stability, and improves system stability.
- [October 20, 2021]: The ZenFone 8 is receiving a new software update on versionJP_22.214.171.124. The package bumps the safety version to October 2021 thus, improving the system stability. Also, it improves camera quality and stability.
- [September 2, 2021]: The ZenFone 8 is getting a new update that carries a couple of improvements The build arrives on firmware version JP_126.96.36.199 which is currently live in Japan. The update improves the system stability and the unlocking performance of fingerprint authentication.
- [August 11, 2021]: The current update for the ZenFone 8 Flip inculcates some system and camera optimizations. The build bears the firmware version RU_188.8.131.52 and is rolling out in several regions. Click here to read about the update in detail.
- [August 9, 2021]: ZenFone 8 is grabbing the July 2021 security maintenance with other improvements and optimizations. The build is unfurling in several regions through the firmware version RU_184.108.40.206. Visit our dedicated article to know about the changes.
- [July 29, 2021]: The current update for the ZenFone 8 Flip inculcates the patch for July. The build bears the firmware version RU_220.127.116.11 which is live in several regions. Read about the other changes here.
- [July 14, 2021]: ZenFone 8 Flip is receiving a new software update that brings the May 2021 security maintenance and more. The build is rolling out via firmware version RU_18.104.22.168. Talking about more changes, the package adds the AOC ‘Tap to show’ function along with optimizations in the system stability. But mainly, it emphasizes stabilizing the network and call aspects. Take a look here for precise details.
- [June 22, 2021]: ZenFone 8 is grabbing a new software update in Russia via the firmware version 8_RU_22.214.171.124. the package brings a couple of fixes with some optimization in the system stability. Moreover, it improves the pocket mode threshold and detection. But mainly, the package emphasizes stabilizing the network aspects. Read the changelog here.
- [June 21, 2021]: Asus is ready to deliver another software update to the ZenFone 8 Flip. For the worldwide variants, the build arrives on firmware version WW_126.96.36.199. Whereas, it can be identified by version RU_188.8.131.52 and EU_184.108.40.206 for Russian and European models respectively. The package emphasizes resolving network issues. Tap here to know more.
- [June 13, 2021]: A new software update is making way to the Zenfone 8 as firmware 220.127.116.11. The update primarily focuses on optimizing the device stability for an overall better experience. They have also optimized the fingerprint scanner stability. After this update, users can expect slightly better battery life due to the alleged improvements to the system power consumption. Read more here.
- [June 7, 2021]: Asus is pushing another software update for the ZenFone 8 Flip. The new build arrives on the firmware version RU_18.104.22.168. It brings a couple of additions which you can read here.
- [May 28, 2021]: ZenFone 8 is getting a new update on build number 22.214.171.124 in the European market. The update enhances the system performance and stability along with the quality of the camera app. Moreover, the phone call quality is also optimized with the package. Refer to our dedicated page for changelog.
- [May 20, 2021]: Asus is pushing another software for the ZenFone 8 Flip. The build arrives on the firmware version EU_126.96.36.199. The new software gives special attention to the camera app by improving its quality and fixing thumbnail issues in third-party apps. Additionally, the changelog mentions some fixes and enhancements that improve system performance and stability. Read these changes by tapping here.
- [May 17, 2021]: It’s not been even a week and Asus is rolling a fresh software update to the ZenFone 8 series. The new software for the duo updates the firmware version 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 respectively. The package includes some new features with a couple of fixes along with a bump in the security level. Visit our dedicated article to see the new changes.
As usual, the OTA build is rolling out in batches, making it take more time to hit every unit. If you have an Asus ZenFone 8 or ZenFone 8 Flip, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can flash the firmware via Settings app > System > System updates > Download and install.