Following other OEMs, Asus has also started with the deployment of the latest operating system. After two months of testing, the Asus ZenFone 8 and ZenFone 8 Flip becomes the first flagship from the company to get an Android 12 update.
Make sure to update: How to rectify YouTube keeps pausing issue easily?
The Android 12 package for the ZenFone 8 can be identified by the firmware version 31.1004.0404.73. For the ZenFone 8 Flip, the build arrives on 31.1004.0404.61 version. The package carries all the Android 12 goodies with a revamped UI. Also, the company has shared a list of changes that you can check out below.
- Please back up your data before upgrading to Android 12. If you want to downgrade the software version to Android 11 by the official software package, it will erase all data from your device.
- Upgraded system to Android 12
- Revamped Mobile Manager, Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings, Data Transfer, Local backup, Setup wizard, System update apps
- Adjusted Quick Settings panel, notification tray, and volume panel to Android 12 design
- Added privacy dashboard, camera and microphone indicators, show clipboard access, approximate location access, and microphone access features
- Replaced ASUS Safeguard with Android 12 Emergency SOS
- Introduced new widget page design in Launcher. Adjusted the position of the screenshot option and removed the hot seat app icons on the Overview page
- Removed the Quick Settings layout option in the Display settings
- ASUS Phone removed SIP calling support as Android 12 does not natively support SIP calling
- Some 3rd party apps are not compatible with Android 12 yet
The OTA is having an incremental rollout. If you have an Asus ZenFone 8 or ZenFone 8 Flip, you will receive a pop-up notification anytime soon. Alternatively, you can check it manually via Settings > System > System updates.