Surface Duo is Microsoft’s first attempt at making an Android phone with a dual-screen concept. While other Android phones are on the way to pick the Android 12 update. Microsoft is finally releasing the Android 11 OS to the original Surface Duo.
Must see: Best WhatsApp Tricks 2021
The Latest Android 11 update for the original Microsoft Surface Duo is bundled with the firmware version 2021.1027.156. The package is currently rolling out to the unlocked carrier-based units in North America and Europe. However, AT&T and other carrier-locked models will adapt the build later.
Concerning changes, the software will endorse all that we expect from Android 11 OS. Moreover, it increases privacy by inculcating the current security maintenance, January 2022 patch. Also, the company has issued a detailed changelog that you can see below:
- Upgrades the Android operating system to Android 11.
- Addresses scenarios outlined in the Android Security Bulletin—January 2022.
- New Surface Duo features
- Enabled launching of OneNote when clicking the top button on Surface Slim Pen 2. It requires Surface Slim Pen 2 to be paired with Surface Duo.
- Enabled in Surface Duo features, in Settings, to choose preference for answering phone calls when folded.
- Enabled in Surface Duo features, in Settings, to choose specific apps to automatically span across both screens when you open them.
- Optimized Quick Settings and notification width for portrait and landscape orientations.
- Adjust media volume directly from Quick Settings in any device mode.
- Use thumb mode in Microsoft SwiftKey now with all device modes and application states.
- Updated app drawer and folder design with improved drag-and-drop support.
- Refreshed Microsoft feed design with updated cards and new Microsoft Start widgets for News and Weather.
- Photos by OneDrive: New dual-screen enhanced experience for viewing and editing photos in the OneDrive app.
- Xbox Game Pass: Discovery and play games from the cloud with an on-screen controller. Some devices, accessories, and software are sold separately. Additional fees and/or subscriptions are required for some apps and features.
- Send feedback to Microsoft by opening Settings, then tap About, then tap Give feedback to Microsoft.
The OTA update is rolling out in batches and will reach the users in a short while.