Last month, the Android 13 Developer Preview Program went live for the OnePlus 10 Pro. It seems like the first stage is successfully tested as the company is now releasing the second beta for the device. The Android 13 Beta 2 intended to brush off the bugs and glitches present in the previous build for a more polished experience.
Must see: [Updated] List of OnePlus devices eligible for Android 13 update
Like before, this program is also meant for the developers and other advanced users. These early adopters play around with the software to create a better user experience. In order to start testing the second beta, the user needs to go through the first Android 13 Beta version as well.
With Android 13 Beta 2, “we’ve fixed some of the most common issues to let you experience a more stable version of Android 13 in advance” says OnePlus. Here are some of these problems that are fixed in the latest build. Also, it integrates the May 2022 security patch to enhance privacy.
- [Fixed] the issue that Data usage cannot display
- [Fixed] the issue of crash when turning off/on 5G network
- [Fixed] the issue that unable to close all background programs
- [Fixed] the issue that the lock screen password was required to enter the launcher after restoring factory settings
- [Updated] Android security patch to 2022.05
- [Optimized] the overall shooting effect of the camera, improved the user experience
Most importantly, before flashing the build, make sure the battery level is above 30% and a minimum of 4GB of storage space is available.
Although the Bets 2 resolves some glitches present in Beta 1, it is still an unstable build. Therefore, this firmware will also be loaded with lots of bugs that hinder the user experience. Therefore, we do not recommend regular users flash custom ROMs. In addition, some of these issues are already mentioned by the company:
- UI display sometimes might be abnormal
- Music playing cannot be paused normally via wired headphones
- Occasional abnormal response for gesture operation when the screen was off
- No response when tapping the video call button
- Auto brightness sometimes works abnormally
- Crash issue when setting the Fingerprint animation in Personalizations
- Lagging issue caused by switching screen refresh rate
- Some applications might be lost after upgrading
For guidance on how to install the OxygenOS 13-based Android 13 Beta 2 follow the official OnePlus community forum page. Also, the website will assist you to roll back to Android 12 in case the program is not suitable for you.