It’s been almost a month since the OnePlus 8 series received the Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 update. Now, the company is delivering another bump with OxygenOS 12.1 to the OnePlus 8 series, including the T-Mobile variant— OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, and OnePlus 8T.
The latest software is bundled with version number ColorOS 12.1 C.15. The build is currently rolling out in Europe, while it will soon reach out to more regions as well. For changes, the software adds multiple features, including new dark mode levels, style options for cards, more brushes to draw, and more. In addition, it addresses a variety of issues and brings optimizations for a seamless experience.
- Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
- Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
- Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
- Dark mode
- Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
- Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
- Work Life Balance
- Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
In case your device does not receive the OTA update in the next few days, head over to Settings > Software Updates to give it a manual check.