The software is available for Indian users as of now via firmware version AC2001_11.F.10. The Android 12-based OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 addresses the bugs and glitches present in the first beta. In addition, it brings several new additions and optimizes the user experience. For precise details, check out the official changelog below.
- [Added] Smart Battery Engine, a feature that prolongs your battery life based on smart algorithms and biomimetic self-restoration technology
- [Optimized] desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
- [Fixed] the issue that sound plays abnormally
- [Fixed] the occasional issue that unable to start “OK Google” with voice
- Dark mode
- [Supported] three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
- [Added] new additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
- [Added] access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
- WorkLife Balance
- [Added] WorkLife Balance feature, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
- [Supported] automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
- [Supported] switching between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
- Canvas AOD
- [Added] new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
- [Added] multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
- [Optimized] software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
- [Added] HyperBoost end-to-end frame rate stabilizer
- [Added] Voice effect preview to allow you to record your voice effect or check your voice effect in real-time
However, as we know, bugs are a part of the beta updates. This update also carries a lot of issues and some of them are listed by OnePlus below.
- The screen will be still on when calls come in after turning on the Do Not Disturb and setting calls and messages to be undisturbed.
- The Find in the page of Chrome will be triggered when using an alert slider (Ring to Slient) after enabling Chrome.
- The app can not be displayed occasionally after entering its full name when searching local apps.
For those who are currently operating the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 1, this package will arrive as an OTA. However, in another case, the user needs to flash the first beta in order to experience the second one.
Also, OnePlus suggest user maintain at least 30% battery level and keep a minimum of 3GB of storage available.