While Android 13 is underway, the smartphone brands are busy deploying Android 12 OS to its eligible flagship. Likewise, Realme is delivering the latest stable Android operating system to a couple of its devices: Realme 9i and Realme X7 5G.
For the Realme 9i users, this is the first major update that arrives on firmware version RMX3491_11_C.03. However, before flashing the update, make sure your device runs on the required RMX3491_11_A.15 / A.17 version.
On the other hand, the package will be the second major update for the Realme X7 5G owners. The update is rolling out in India with firmware version RMX3092_11_F.04. In order to receive the OTA update, keep your phone updated to the required RMX3092_11_C.11 build number.
Concerning changes, together the Android 12 and Realme UI 3.0 will bring a more personalized, efficient, and smoother user experience. In addition, the changelog for both smartphones is feature enriched and immense with all the new elements. The package carries everything we expect with the new skin. To know the precise modifications, take a look at the official changelog below.
- New design
- The all-new design, which emphasizes a sense of space, deliver a simple, clean, and comfortable visual and interactive experience.
- Redesigns icons using new materials to give more depth and a greater sense of space and texture to the icons.
- Optimizes Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 implements the concept of mass to make animations more lifelike, and optimizes more than 300 animations to bring a more natural user experience.
- Convenience & efficiency
- Adds “Background stream”: Apps in Background stream mode continue playing the audio of a video when you leave them or lock your phone.
- FlexDrop is renamed Flexible Windows and is optimized:
- Optimizes the method of switching floating windows between different sizes.
- You can now drag a file from My Files or a photo from the Photos app to a floating window.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so you can open them quickly.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- Improves the responsiveness of turning on or off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Airplane mode.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly at a stable frame rate.
- Reduces the CPU load average and lowers the battery usage.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenes for a comfortable screen reading experience.
- Optimizes accessibility:
- Adds visuals to text instructions for an intuitive understanding of accessibility functions.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
As usual, the OTA update is having an incremental rollout. The build will reach out to the respective users in a few days. Meanwhile, you can also trigger the update manually via Settings > System updates > Check for updates.