At the beginning of this month, Oppo released an update timeline for the deployment of ColorOS 12. Adhering to its schedule, the Android 12-based customized sin is now reaching out to the Oppo A55s 5G. FYI, this is the first major update for the device as it was launched back in April with Android 11 out of the box.
The latest software update for the Oppo A55s 5G is rolling out in Japan, while other markets will also pick up the update soon. The package is bundled with the firmware version C.16. To receive the OTA update notification on your phone, make sure that it is running the required A.13 or A.14 version.
Concerning modifications, the ColorOS 12 skin brings along all-new features, improvements, and optimizations. Moreover, the company has issued a detailed changelog that mentions a plethora of new additions and optimizations. In a nutshell, the package will provide a new inclusive UI, smoother performance, rich features, and a seamless experience. Take a look at the official changelog below.
- ColorOS 12 brings Infinite Design to a new level. Everything is designed to reduce visual noise and deliver a simple, clean, and pleasing visual and interactive experience.
- Revamped page layout reduces visual noise and optimizes text and color display so key information stands out.
- Redesigned app icons have greater depth, texture, and a sense of space.
- Optimizes the Quantum Animation Engine: Quantum Animation Engine 3.0 uses “mass” as a design concept to make animations more lifelike and optimizes more than 300 animations to deliver a more natural user experience.
- Optimizes Always-On Display: More creative content and customization options are provided to let you freely express yourself.
Convenience & efficiency
- FlexDrop has been renamed Flexible Windows and optimized.
- Optimized method for switching between floating window sizes.
- You can now double-tap text in a conversation in the Messages app to enlarge it for easy reading and editing.
Security and Privacy
- Optimizes spam block rules: Adds a rule for blocking MMS messages.
- Adds Quick launch, a feature that detects the apps you use frequently and pre-loads them so they open faster.
- Adds a chart to display your battery usage.
- In team fight scenes, games run more smoothly and at a stable frame rate.
- You can now decide which camera modes are displayed on the menu bar and in what order they are displayed.
- You can now drag the zoom slider to zoom in or out smoothly when shooting a video using the rear camera.
- Optimizes the auto-brightness algorithm to adapt screen brightness to more scenarios for a more comfortable screen viewing experience.
- Optimizes accessibility.
- Optimizes categorization of functions by grouping them into vision, hearing, interactive actions, and general.
- TalkBack supports more system apps including Photos, Phone, Mail, and Calendar.
As always, the software is currently rolling out in batches and is available for limited users as of now. Therefore, the package will take a few days to reach out to all users. In the meantime, you can visit Settings > Software Update > Check for updates to track the build manually.