Asus has started sprinting the update train for its popular Republic of Gamera (ROG) smartphones. Recently, the Taiwan giant pushed a new software to ROG Phone 5 and February 2021 Android patch to ROG Phone 3 along with enhancements in user experience. However, the security level train has reached the next stop for ROG Phone ll, the device is receiving March 2021 Security patch update with fixes for various vulnerabilities.
The new software for Asus ROG Phone ll ZS660KL bumps the firmware version to 17.0240.2103.75. Accompanied with the latest security patch are some fixes with issues in respect to Game Genie Panel, poor WiGig reception, and more. Check the below changelog for more details.
- Android security patch update to 2021-03
- Fixed issue where the phone could restart when starting a stream with screen sharing and connecting a 3.5mm headphone at the same time.
- Fix issue with poor WiGig reception
- Fixed issue with using the Kunai controller and type-c headphones connected through the side port
- Fixed issue between ‘locked touch mode’, incoming call notification, and Game Genie panel.
- Fixed issue where in some instances the other party could not hear your voice in a Skype call after connecting a Bluetooth headset
The FOTA update will take time to set foot on every unit as it is pushed in batches. But you can track the build via phone Settings -> System -> System updates, a pop-up will appear if the update is available for your device.
Asus ROG Phone II Specifications
The smartphone holds an AMOLED display with a screen size of 6.59 inches paired with up to 1TB storage and 12GB of RAM. It powers Android 9.0 (Pie), ROG UI out of the box fueled by Snapdragon 855+ chipset. Regarding the camera, ROG Phone ll offers a dual rear camera consisting of a 48 MP main and 13MP ultrawide lens. At the front, it houses a single 24MP shooter.