The Korean giant – Samsung has sequentially started seeding out a couple of new updates to its smartphone. Now, the Galaxy S20 Series becomes the latest device to grab a new update. Talking about the specifications, the smartphones are powered by Exynos 990 (7 nm+) (Global) and Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) (USA) Chipsets paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series smartphone updates.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Series Update Tracker
- [May 13, 2022]: The Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are upgrading on firmware version G98xU1UES2EVE1. The update packs the May 2022 Security Patch which is rolling out for all carrier networks in the US, including AT&T, Sprint, Tracfone, T-Mobile, and Verizon.
- [May 10, 2022]: The Galaxy S20 LTE variants are receiving the May 2022 Security Patch on firmware version G98xFXXUEFVDB. For the vanilla model, the build is rolling out in Switzerland. However, the Galaxy S20+ is getting it in a dozen markets, including Greece, the Czech Republic, Switzerland, Portugal, Austria, Nordic countries, Baltic countries, Luxembourg, Slovakia, and the Netherlands.
- [May 4, 2022]: Samsung is releasing another update for the Galaxy S20 5G series with May 2022 Security Patch. The update is live for Galaxy S20 5G, Galaxy S20+ 5G, and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G in Germany with firmware version G98xBXXUEFVDB.
- [May 2, 2022]: The carrier-locked models in the US are getting a bump with April 2022 security patch. The build is live for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra with firmware version G98xU1UES2EVD3.
- [April 27, 2022]: The April 2022 security patch is extending to the carrier-locked models of the Galaxy S20 series. The update carries the firmware version G98xUSQS2FVD1 which is currently rolling out in the US.
- [April 18, 2022]: The Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are getting the April 2022 security patch in Europe. The update packs the firmware version G98xFXXSDFVC9. for the LTE variants, while the 5G variants are upgrading with version G98xBXXSDFVC9.
- [March 28, 2022]: The carrier-locked models of the Galaxy S20 series in the US are getting a new update via firmware version G98xUSQU2FVC5. The build packs the One UI 4.1 software and March 2022 security patch for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra.
- [March 7, 2022]: The unlocked models of the Galaxy S21 series in the US are getting the February 2022 security patch via firmware version G98xU1UES2EVB3. The new update is currently rolling out on almost all US network carriers, including AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular South, Comcast, Sprint, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile.
- [February 22, 2022]: The February 2022 security patch is extending to the Galaxy S20 lineup in the US. It bears the firmware version G98xUSQS2EVB3 which is currently rolling out on Sprint and T-Mobile networks in the country.
- [Janaury 31, 2022]: The LTE and 5G variants of the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are getting s new update. The version G98xBXXUDEVA9 is rolling out in the UK with February 2022 security patch. It could roll out to more markets over the next few days.
- [January 13, 2022]: The January 2022 security patch is rolling out for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra. The update is live in the USA via firmware version G98xU1UES2DUL2. For now, it is rolling out only for the carrier networks, including AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Comcast, C-Spire, Verizon, and Xfinity Mobile. The carrier-locked and international models of the device will take around a week to bag the new software.
- [November 24, 2021]: Samsung is rolling out the second iteration of the latest OneUI 4.0 Beta. The new update brings several new changes and fixes bugs related to the Clear View Display cover. The update is now available for Galaxy S20 Ultra, Galaxy S20+ in the US. It carries the S/W version ZUKA and offers several fixes and optimizations. Changelog:
– Fixes Errors that don’t work at adaptive refresh rate 120Hz
– Fixed Quick share icon errors
– Fixed errors that don’t work at Samsung’s Clear View Display Cover
– Improved the operations of phone frame rate
– Improved operations while searching in the messages app
- [November 5, 2021]: The unlocked variants of the Galaxy S20 series smartphones in the US are receiving November 2021 security patch. The Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra are upgrading with firmware version G98xU1UES2DUJ7. The new software is available on AT&T, Comcast, C-Spire, and Sprint’s networks.
- [October 29, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 series— Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra is receiving the November 2021 security patch. Arriving on the firmware version G98xxXXSCDUJ5, the update is currently rolling out in Germany. Besides, it might bring some general bug fixes and device stability improvements.
- [October 14, 2021]: The October 2021 patch is extending for the unlocked units of the Galaxy S20 series in the US. The update is arriving on Bluegrass Cellular, C-Spire, Comcast, Sprint, T-Mobile, Tracfone, and Verizon network via the firmware version G98xU1UES2DUI5.
- [October 6, 2021]: Samsung is releasing a new update for Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra. Arriving on the firmware version G98xxXXUBDUI5, it carries the October 2021 security patch. Although the official changelog is not yet disclosed, it is expected to carry some general bug fixes, device stability improvements, and RAM Plus features.
- [September 17, 2021]: The September 2021 patch is now expanding to the carrier-locked versions of the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and the Galaxy S20 Ultra. The update is live in the US for the Xfinity Mobile’s network via firmware version G98xUSQS2DUH2. As per Samsung’s documentation, the patch fixes over 50 privacy and security-related vulnerabilities.
- [September 11, 2021]: The current security maintenance, September 2021 is expanding to international devices in the USA. The update is rolling out for the Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+, and Galaxy S20 Ultra on the firmware version G98xU1UES2DUH2. Besides, it does not add any other major changes.
- [September 4, 2021]: All the devices from the Galaxy S20 series— Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra are grabbing September 2021 patch. Arriving of the firmware version G98xxXXSADUH5, the build is presently limited to Europe. Also, besides the new security level, the build does not pack any other changes.
- [August 31, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 series is receiving the One UI 3.1.1 update along with the August 2021 security patch. The update is rolling out the T-Mobile variants of smartphones weighing over 1GB in size. The package arrives on the build number G988USQU2DUH1 for the locked T-Mobile Galaxy S20 Ultra while the number varies to G98xU1UEU2DUH1 for the unlocked variants. The One UI 3.1.1 update adds Faster animations, New weather app, Bluetooth panel loads faster now, Camera app loads faster, Fixed the heating problem on Galaxy smartphones, New “Bedtime mode” toggle in QS, and VoNR support on T-Mobile
- [May 4, 2021]: Samsung is rolling out a new update to Galaxy S20 that brings dual recording camera features. The new update brings dual recording camera features known as the ‘Director’s View’ that was introduced with the Galaxy S21 flagship. At the same time, it comes with May 2021 security patch. Read the detailed features here.
- [April 28, 2021]: Samsung started releasing the May 2021 security patch to the Galaxy S20 lineup. The new build for the trio arrives on firmware version G98xxXXU7DUDB. The May 2021 security patch is currently rolling out in Germany weighing over 600MB. Besides, it also carries some other features. To know these, click here.
- [March 19, 2021]: Samsung Galaxy S20 gets another huge update to improve camera performance. The latest update carries the firmware version G98xxXXU7DUC7. The changelog mentions that the update brings some camera improvements. The update is mostly about this and no other feature comes along whatsoever. To read the changes, tap here.
- [March 9, 2021]: Samsung Galaxy S20 series get March 2021 security patch along with One UI 3.1 update. The latest update carries firmware version G98xxXXS6DUBA. The package brings bug fixes and stability improvements along, and the security patch fixes the issue related to the Exynos 990 chipset. To know more, head here.
- [March 2, 2021]: February 2021 security patch is now heading to the US’s Verizon Galaxy S20 lineup. Apart from updating the patch, the build does not bring any new additions. Read here to know the precise details.
- [March 1, 2021]: Samsung announced One UI 3.1 update for the Galaxy S20 trio globally. Now, it has taken a final turn to the United States last weekend. The One UI 3.1 update is a complete packed package in itself that brings along the latest March 2021 security patch. It ships with firmware version G98x1U1UEU1DUB7. Visit our dedicated article to read more.
- [February 18, 2021]: Samsung has released One UI 3.1 update for the Galaxy S20 series in Korea. The package includes new camera capabilities like a single take, object eraser, touch autofocus, and auto exposure controller, multi-mic recording. Alongside, it also enhances everyday life like eye comfort shield, private share, etc. Read more about the features here.
- [February 03, 2021]: Samsung has begun lining up the February 2021 Security patch update for the Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra smartphones. The update is steering on the G981U1UES1CUA2, G986U1UES1CUA2, and G988U1UES1CUA2 Firmware version and is rolling in the United States. Apart from the Security patch, there’s nothing in this update.
- [February 01, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 series has started picking the February 2021 Security patch update. The updates are gradually rolling out to the respective devices on the G980FXXS6CUA8, G985FXXS6CUA8, and G988BXXS6CUA8 Firmware versions. As of now, the updates are currently limited to European countries and the UK markets. These markets include Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, etc.
As it’s a security patch update, we can’t expect any major changes from this update. So, a Security patch update usually includes bug fixes for known/reported issues, optimizations, and improvements. This update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the stability of the smartphone.
- [January 22, 2021]: The Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra start receiving January 2021 Security Patch Update. The update is rolling out on the RP1A.200720.012.G988USQU1CTLB Firmware version and comes with a couple of changes and much more. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [December 4, 2020]: Samsung has started sending out the Android 11 based One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy S20 Series. The update is rolling out on the G988BXXU5CTKG/ G988BOXM5CTKF/ G988BXXU5CTKF Firmware version, and it weighs nearly 179.82 MB in size. The update adds the December 2020 Security patch, One UI 3.0 goodness, new user interface, improvements to the camera, bug fixes, etc. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [June 26, 2020]: Samsung Galaxy S20 running Exynos processor is receiving firmware version G98xFXXU3ATFG in countries like Germany and the UAE. The update comes with the July 2020 Security patch update, fixes, and much more. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [July 12, 2020]: Samsung has just pushed a new update for Galaxy S20+ that also comes the July 2020 Security Patch. The new update is currently rolling out in Australia and Brazil markets only. The G985FXXU3ATFG / G985FOXM3ATFG / G985FXXU3ATFG Firmware version update weights 315.70 MB in size. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [July 06, 2020]: The Unlocked variants of the Samsung Galaxy S20 have started picking the July 2020 Security patch update in the US. The update is rolling out on the G98xU1UES1ATFB Firmware version and it comes with a couple of changes, fixes, optimizations, improvements, and much more. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [June 04, 2020]: Verizon has started rolling out the June 2020 Security patch update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 5GUW. The update comes with the G981VSQU1ATEA Firmware version and it brings additional improvements for the system UI. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [June 02, 2020]: The Exynos 990 Chipset Powered Samsung Galaxy S20 series starts getting June 2020 Security Patch Update. The update with the G98xFXXS2ATE7 Firmware version is rolling out to both the LTE and 5G variants. You can find out more details of this update in our dedicated article.
- [April 01, 2020]: The April 2020 Security patch update has started hitting the Samsung Galaxy S20 series on the G98x0ZHU1ATCT Firmware version. The update comes with the latest Security patch, improvements, and much more. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
As it’s an initial release, the updates will be pushed out in a staged manner. So, you may need to wait for a couple of days to experience the update. Meanwhile, you can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings>Software updates and check for the updates. Also, make sure to maintain a minimum of 60% charging before updating to avoid carrier data charges.