The Korean giant – Samsung has sequentially started seeding out a couple of new updates to its smartphone. Now, the Galaxy S20 Series becomes the latest device to grab a new update. Talking about the specifications, the smartphones are powered by Exynos 990 (7 nm+) (Global) and Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+) (USA) Chipsets paired with 8GB RAM and 128GB internal storage.
Note: We will keep this post updated with the latest updated information regarding the Samsung Galaxy S20 Series smartphone updates.
Samsung Galaxy S20 Series Update Tracker
- [February 03, 2021]: Samsung has begun lining up the February 2021 Security patch update for the Galaxy S20, S20 Plus, and S20 Ultra smartphones. The update is steering on the G981U1UES1CUA2, G986U1UES1CUA2, and G988U1UES1CUA2 Firmware version and is rolling in the United States. Apart from the Security patch, there’s nothing in this update.
- [February 01, 2021]: The Galaxy S20 series has started picking the February 2021 Security patch update. The updates are gradually rolling out to the respective devices on the G980FXXS6CUA8, G985FXXS6CUA8, and G988BXXS6CUA8 Firmware version. As of now, the updates are currently limited to European countries and the UK markets. These markets include Austria, Bulgaria, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Romania, Spain, Switzerland, etc.
As it’s a Security patch update, we can’t expect any major changes from this update. So, a Security patch update usually includes bug fixes for known/reported issues, optimizations, and improvements. This update is only meant to increase the Security patch level and enhance the stability of the smartphone.
- [January 22, 2021]: The Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra starts receiving January 2021 Security Patch Update. The update is rolling out on the RP1A.200720.012.G988USQU1CTLB Firmware version and comes with a couple of changes and much more. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [December 4, 2020]: Samsung has started seeding out the Android 11 based One UI 3.0 update to the Galaxy S20 Series. The update is rolling out on the G988BXXU5CTKG/ G988BOXM5CTKF/ G988BXXU5CTKF Firmware version, and it weighs nearly 179.82 MB in size. The update adds the December 2020 Security patch, One UI 3.0 goodness, new user interface, improvements to the camera, bug fixes, etc. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [June 26, 2020]: Samsung Galaxy S20 running Exynos processor is receiving firmware version G98xFXXU3ATFG in countries like Germany and the UAE. The update comes with the July 2020 Security patch update, fixes, and much more. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [July 12, 2020]: Samsung has just pushed a new update for Galaxy S20+ that also comes the July 2020 Security Patch. The new update is currently rolling out in Australia and Brazil markets only. The G985FXXU3ATFG / G985FOXM3ATFG / G985FXXU3ATFG Firmware version update weights 315.70 MB in size. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
- [July 06, 2020]: The Unlocked variants of the Samsung Galaxy S20 have started picking the July 2020 Security patch update in the US. The update is rolling out on the G98xU1UES1ATFB Firmware version and it comes with a couple of changes, fixes, optimizations, improvements, and much more. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [June 04, 2020]: Verizon has started rolling out the June 2020 Security patch update for the Samsung Galaxy S20 5GUW. The update comes with the G981VSQU1ATEA Firmware version and it brings additional improvements for the system UI. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [June 02, 2020]: The Exynos 990 Chipset Powered Samsung Galaxy S20 series starts getting June 2020 Security Patch Update. The update with the G98xFXXS2ATE7 Firmware version is rolling out to both the LTE and 5G variants. You can find out more details of this update in our dedicated article.
- [April 01, 2020]: The April 2020 Security patch update has started hitting the Samsung Galaxy S20 series on the G98x0ZHU1ATCT Firmware version. The update comes with the latest Security patch, improvements, and much more. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
As it’s an initial release, the updates will be pushed out in a staged manner. So, you may need to wait for a couple of days to experience the update. Meanwhile, you can also check the update status manually by heading over to Settings>Software updates and check for the updates. Also, make sure to maintain a minimum of 60% charging before updating to avoid carrier data charges.