At the near end of 2019, Samsung officially launched Galaxy A51 with Android 10 OS. The smartphone was the world’s highest-selling Android device in the first quarter of 2020. The phone features a 6.5-inch screen with up to 8GB RAM and 256GB of internal storage. Under the hood, it powers an octa-core processor based on Exynos 9611 chipset and Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. In the shooting department, the phone houses a quad rear camera with a 48MP primary sensor. For selfies, it houses a 32MP front snapper.
Must see: How to unarchive emails in Gmail
Note: This is an update tracker and will be updated regularly with the latest update releases for the device.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Updates Tracker
- [April 30, 2021]: A day before the month beings, the Korean giant is releasing the May 2021 security patch to the Galaxy A51. The safety level arrives on build version A515FXXU4EUD7, which is currently limited to Russia. The other regions are expected to get a hit by next week or so. However, the official changelog is not yet revealed but it may resolve some common glitches. This is likely to be a minor bump in security maintenance and will not bring any new features for users.
- [March 30, 2021]: Samsung Galaxy A51 units in Russia have started grabbing the One UI 3.1 Skin update. The new build for the smartphone can be identified by firmware version A515FXXU4EUC8. Needless to say that it incorporates One UI 3.1 features like Eye Comfort Shield, video call effects, new camera features, refreshed UI, and much more. Click here to get more detail of the package.
- [March 24, 2021]: The Verizon-based Samsung Galaxy A51 5G devices have started picking a new update with the One UI 3.1 Skin. The software bears the build version RP1A.200720.012.A516VSQU2DUC1, which also packs the March 2021 Security Patch. Besides, the changelog mentions new Camera features, app enhancements, and new settings options. To know more about the new features, click here.
- [February 17, 2021]: Samsung is now rolling out the Android 11 update for Galaxy A51 in India with One UI 3.0 skin on the top. The latest update bears the build number version ending in DUB1 that weighs around 1.7 GB in size. Moreover, the package includes the February 2021 patch by Google. For more info with this update, visit here. To know the best of One UI 3.0, tap here.
- [February 17, 2021]: The T-Mobile’s Galaxy A51 5G users have started receiving the Android 11 based One UI 3.0 update on the firmware version A516USQU4CUA7. The new build comes with the new Security patch, new features, bug fixes, etc. Click here for a detailed changelog.
- [February 9, 2021]: Samsung is rolling out the stable Android 11 based One UI 3.0 Beta build update to the Galaxy A51 5G. The updated firmware will bring January 2021 security patch to the device. The changelog promises enhanced features like redesign the Home screen and quick panel, reduced distractions, highlight important information, and will make the user experience more consistent.
- [December 4, 2020]: The One UI 3.0 beta update started rolling out for Galaxy A51 5G. The Samsung Members and the A51 owners in Korea can now sign up for the beta program. Visit our dedicated page for further guidance.
- [May 7, 2020]: Samsung is sending out the new Android 10 based One UI 2.1 update for Galaxy A51. The latest firmware build also features April 2020 Security patch with various security fixes and tweaks, improving the overall experience. The new firmware version A515FXXU3BTD4 is rolling out to all the Galaxy A51 units across Afganisthan, Russia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey, Egypt, and Israel. It weighs over 1.25GB in size. If you are a Galaxy A51 user in any of these countries, click here.
As the update is having a phase-wise rollout, it may take some time to reach all the units. In the meantime, you can head to Settings > Software updates > Security updates to check the update manually. We also suggest you switch over to a WiFi network before downloading the update to avoid data charges.