At the Google Pixel Fall Launch event 2021, the company launched the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. The smartphones are powered by the Google Tensor SoC while offering the latest Android 12 with Material You design. The Pixel 6 features a 6.4-inch AMOLED panel while the Pro variant has a 6.71-inch LTPO AMOLED display. The rear sides of the devices are occupied by a 50MP primary sensor. The selfie camera stands at 8MP and 11.1MP for the respective smartphones.
Note: The tracker will be updated in descending order with every build released for the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro Update Tracker
- [August 23, 2022]: Verizon-Based Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro and Pixel 6a are receiving Android 13 (T) in the US. This is the firmware version of the smartphone:
- Pixel 6 — TP1A.220624.021
- Pixel 6 Pro — TP1A.220624.021
- Pixel 6a — TP1A.220624.021
- [August 5, 2022]: The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are getting a new update for Global (Unlocked), Europe (DE, ES, FR, IE, IT, UK), and AT&T/T-Mobile devices. The build brings a “Fix for GPS location failure under certain conditions.” However, the security patch level remains the same. To mention, the August 2022 update will be rolled out to the device “in the coming weeks.”
- [March 22, 2022]: Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro now support 5G C-Band Spectrum for the Verizon network. The C-Band 5G support update is a part of the March 2022 Android 12L or Feature Drop upgrade. To know what more the build carries, visit our dedicated article.
- [January 18, 2022]: Google has started to roll out the January 2022 security patch to the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. The update arrives on version SQ1D.220105.007 and SQ1D.220105.007 respectively. The package includes everything in the November and December Android security bulletins. Also, it resolves several Pixel 6-specific bugs.
- [December 14, 2021]: The December 2021 security patch update for the Pixel 6 series is now live! Moreover, the duo is getting a new drop feature and almost 80 bug fixes. For other changes and details, you can visit our dedicated article.
- [November 17, 2021]: The new version SD1A.210817.037.A1 is rolling out to the Verizon Pixel 6 series. It does not upgrade the security patch but improves the performance of your device’s fingerprint sensor.
- [November 17, 2021]: Both global and Verizon variants of Pixel 6 series. The global update arrives on version SD1A.210817.037, while for Verizon and MVNOs (Mobile virtual network operators), the package can be identified by SD1A.210817.037.A1. Both versions weigh 14.56MB in size. You can read more about it in our dedicated article.
- [October 28, 2021]: Verizon Pixel 6 series is getting a new update that is unfurling with version number SD1A.210817.036.A8. It inculcates the October 2021 security patch and improves the system performance.
All these updates are rolling out in batches, taking more time to reach out to all units. But you can always “Check for the update” manually under the system “Settings.” Also, make sure to keep your phone connected to a Wi-Fi network to avoid carrier data charges.