Xiaomi is in a good run to deliver the Android 12 based MIUI 13 update to its eligible flagships. After upgrading the Redmi K30 Pro and Redmi K30S Ultra, the vanilla Redmi K30 4G is receiving the new version.
Make sure to visit: Best Custom ROM for POCO X2/Redmi K30 [Android 10 + Android 11]
As of now, the latest Android 12 x MIUI 13 software for the Redmi K30 4G is rolling out in China, while it will soon expand to other regions as well. The package is bundled with the firmware version V184.108.40.206.SGHCNXM weighing 4.2 GB to download. Along with a bundle of features, the build also packs the February 2022 security patch, increasing the system’s privacy.
- Where all things connect
- Privacy camera for face recognition and protective watermarks for images
- Introducing comprehensive anti-fraud protection mechanisms
- All-new Mi Sans system font with better readability
- “Crystallization” super wallpapers
- A new widget ecosystem with app support as well as personalization options
- New features for performing tasks seamlessly on multiple connected devices
- Mi AI can be fully customized now
- Responsiveness for all systems as well as most popular third-party apps
- The home screen is now much more fluid and responsive
- Voice controls are better recognized in Accessibility mode now
- Enhanced accessibility support for Phone, Clock, Weather, as well as Themes
- Privacy protection, secure web browsing, and better feed
- Mind map nodes are more convenient and intuitive now
- The wallet looks much better now
- Improvement in overall stability
- Stable MIUI based on Android 12
- Updated Android Security Patch to February 2022. Increased system security.
More features and improvements
- Apps can be opened as floating windows directly from the sidebar accordingly
- Ambient sound recognition in Mi Ditto
As usual, the OTA update is rolling out in batches. Thus, the build might take a few days to reach out to your device. Alternatively, you can also track it manually via Settings > Software update.